Who We Are
Fíonta exists to help impact-driven organizations leverage technology as a force for change. We are truly inspired by our clients’ missions and motivated to help them succeed. We work with a broad range of organizations, including groups that are working to bring an end to global slavery and HIV/AIDS, to feed America, to end generational poverty in New York City, and to support and advocate for those struggling with mental illness.
In addition to working with great clients, we’ve developed a culture-by-design that emphasizes our fundamental core values and gives our team members autonomy to make decisions and do the right thing. Our core values are:
- Assume positive intent
- Do what’s right, even when hard
- Meet people and organizations where they are
- Be conscientious
- Always be improving
We like solving hard problems, and we celebrate team successes and share appreciation. Your skills and experience get our attention, but we will hire you based on your attitude, aptitude, and “culture add.” You’ll join a smart, diverse, and fun team that welcomes new people who can help us improve. We support your personal and professional growth and your career trajectory at Fíonta is limited only by you.
Who We’re Looking for
We are seeking a Director of Business Development to assist in the acceleration of the growth of our Salesforce and web services business. You will join forces with our business development and executive teams to cultivate and grow relationships within the nonprofit and association sector, while strategizing Salesforce-based solutions and plans, as well as qualifying opportunities for websites and open source solutions. You will be responsible for the overall strategy for increasing Fionta’s pipeline, creating and executing plans and tactics. Your daily activities will include:
- Talking to prospects about Fionta and potential opportunities;
- Attending partner networking events and conferences;
- Supporting and attending Fíonta’s own business generating events;
- Maintaining a pipeline of opportunities;
- Qualifying opportunities through prospect calls and meetings;
- Scoping services to meet prospect requirements;
- Coordinating the development of and writing proposals;
- Leading finalist presentations and solution demonstrations;
- Maintaining helpful communication with prospects and moving them toward contract closure;
- Ensuring successful hand-off of new projects to the execution staff.
This is a unique opportunity to work with a smart, strong and dynamic team to take our technology consultancy to the next level for greater impact in the nonprofit and association communities.
As an Director of Business Development…
- You have experience in our field: You’ve worked in nonprofit or associations-specific technology and/or nonprofit or associations business development for at least 5 years.
- You get work done: You have a demonstrated track record of delivering results and growing a business or organization.
- You know Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems: You know the basics of Salesforce or other CRM systems, and can speak to the technology in an intelligent and informed manner.
- You can hold your own in a negotiation: You have strong written and verbal communication skills, and can negotiate with the best of them.
- You meet clients (both internal and external) where they are: You are able to build rapport and translate technical materials to non-technical stakeholders when needed.
In this role, you will:
- Review proposals and coordination their creation, including cost estimates, case studies and technical approaches, gathering input from other resources and creating content when required;
- Respond immediately and intelligently to inquiries about Fíonta’s services;
- Prepare materials for finalist and other introductory meetings or presentations;
- Attend in-person and virtual meetings to explore requirements or present proposals;
- Contribute to a knowledge base of proposal materials;
- Maintain and improve Salesforce-based lead tracking, opportunity management, revenue measures and other quantitative business development metrics;
- Develop a growth strategy focused on revenue, profitability, and customer satisfaction;
- Manage and report to Fíonta Executives on the new business pipeline and added revenue forecast;
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers;
- Maintain excellent working relationships with Salesforce and Fonteva Account Executives, including deal strategy coordination and regular updates on all leads and opportunities derived through those partnerships.
- Take initiative: identify a need or opportunity to benefit the customer or company and take appropriate steps to fill or achieve it
- Orient towards customers: proactively support Fíonta’s clients and would-be clients by considering and advocating for their needs
- Possess exceptional organizational and time management skills: manage workload across multiple projects, taking priority into consideration
- Solve problems creatively: think outside of the box and develop innovate solutions to challenging problems
- Consistently display honesty and integrity: exhibit intuitive understanding of the “right thing” and a track record of doing so
How to Apply
Salary is commensurate with experience. Fíonta offers a generous benefits package which includes health, dental, 401k, vacation and holidays. Candidate must be willing and able to travel on occasion.
Fíonta is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.