We are looking for a Business Operations Manager to partner with our President to understand and improve financial and project operations within our client-facing team. The day-to-day includes managing the contracts process, analyzing financial and project data, and improving our data sources and tools to improve our forecasting and planning capabilities. Our ideal candidate has a background in project management and/or finance, with a strong understanding of data analytics. This role will be highly analytical, detail-oriented, and is likely to evolve as our business and capabilities change.
- Financial Analysis and Reporting
- Review ongoing and completed initiatives to conduct analyses to understand the cost and profit.
- Gather requirements and optimize the current solution (or implement a new solution) to create a portfolio of standard financial analyses and reporting.
- Execution Reporting
- Complete analyses of projects, with a focus on identifying predictors of project success or failure, characteristics of projects that came in on budget, received high scores from clients, etc.
- Project Control Analysis
- Define tools and data needed to regularly gather project control data and implement or optimize needed toolset.
- Establish baseline plan for new projects.
- Analyze and examine project control data to improve forecasting and planning.
- Contracts Management
- Manage the contracts process from notification of new business award to contract signature and collaborate with project managers on contract changes or creation for follow on work.
- Review proposed contracts and compare against the matrix of required clauses – identify discrepancies and points of negotiation.
- Strategize on points of negotiation with Fionta’s President and draft counteroffers.
- Prepare final document for signature and routing.
As a Business Operations Manager….
- You are an analyst at heart: The highlights of your career are when you’ve been in a position to dig into the why – why did something go well? Why did something fail?
- You’re excited about data: Figuring out how to gather good data, analyzing data, understanding the story within the data – that’s what you want to do all day. You’re comfortable discussing what the data says today, where the gaps are, and how to fill those gaps.
- You are a critical and creative thinker: You don’t need to be told how to get from point A to point B and aren’t looking for a checklist of tasks with specific directions. You are up for the challenge of figuring out how the pieces of a given project fit together.
- You want a job that’s different every day: You’re looking for a role that’s going to evolve and change over time. You like solving different problems and having your fingers in lots of different pies.
- You are a delegator: You’re looking to solve problems and understand why something has happened, and once you’ve identified a solution, you’d rather hand it off and move onto the next complicated problem.
- Take initiative: identify a need or opportunity to benefit the customer or company and take appropriate steps to fill or achieve it
- Orient towards customers: proactively support Fíonta’s clients and would-be clients by considering and advocating for their needs
- Possess exceptional organizational and time management skills: manage workload across multiple projects, taking priority into consideration
- Solve problems creatively: think outside of the box and develop innovative solutions to challenging problems
- Consistently display honesty and integrity: exhibit a track record of doing the right thing, even in tough circumstances
Salary is commensurate with experience. Fionta offers a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, 401k, vacation, and holidays. The candidate must be willing and able to travel on occasion. Ideally, this role will be based out of our Washington, DC office, but strong remote candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Fíonta is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.