Who We Are
Fíonta exists to help impact-driven organizations leverage technology as a force for change. We are truly inspired by our clients’ missions and motivated to help them succeed. We work with a broad range of organizations, including groups that are working to bring an end to global slavery and HIV/AIDS, to feed America, to end generational poverty in New York City, and to support and advocate for those struggling with mental illness.
In addition to working with great clients, we’ve developed a culture-by-design that emphasizes our fundamental core values and gives our team members autonomy to make decisions and do the right thing. Our core values are:
- Assume positive intent
- Do what’s right, even when hard
- Meet people and organizations where they are
- Be conscientious
- Always be improving
We are looking for great people who love implementing solutions that make a difference in the world. We like solving hard problems, and we celebrate team successes and share appreciation. Your skills and experience get our attention, but we will hire you based on your attitude, aptitude, and “culture add”. You’ll join a smart, diverse, and fun team that welcomes new people who can help us improve. We support your personal and professional growth and your career trajectory at Fíonta is limited only by you.
Who We’re Looking for
We are seeking a full-time Project Manager to manage implementation and improvement projects for our nonprofit clients. This individual will work directly with clients and lead a cross functional team of consultants, developers, and business analysts to execute upon projects, and will own all aspects of the project execution, performance, budget, and schedule.
We will consider candidates located anywhere in the US, but preference will be given to candidates in the Washington DC region.
In this role, you will:
- Manage the schedule, scope, and budget for projects in your portfolio
- Work with the other project managers to align resources and build project teams
- Serve as a main point of contact with clients – answering questions, connecting them with technical resources as needed
- Understand the basics of Salesforce – you don’t do the configuration or development yourself, but you know enough to speak to build a timeline and guide a client through the process.
- Work with the technical staff to identify opportunities for follow-on projects
- Develop schedules, allocate budgets, and establish rapport with clients
- Use implementation plans developed by technical leaders to manage tasks, priorities, and dependencies.
As a member of our project management staff:
- You have worked on a wide variety of projects: You have collaborated with technical and non-technical team members to complete small projects with a straightforward objective, and large projects with a large number of requirements and a less clear end state.
- You have a strong understanding of project management tools: You own schedule, scope, and budget for projects that you work on, and manage relationships and resources comfortably as you go about your day.
- You are a strong translator: You often serve as the go-between for the client and the technical staff, and you’re able to translate client needs into technical requirements, and technical questions into language the client can understand.
- You are adaptable: The idea of working on multiple projects of different sizes within different organizations excites you.
- You have embraced the nonprofit mission: You know the nonprofit world very well, and you’re able to understand and empathize with client struggles and help identify solutions to their challenges.
- You are a critical thinker: You don’t need to be told how to get from point A to point B. You are up for the challenge of figuring out how the pieces of a given project fit together.
- Take initiative: identify a need or opportunity to benefit the customer or company and take appropriate steps to fill or achieve it
- Orient towards customers: proactively support Fíonta’s clients and would-be clients by considering and advocating for their needs
- Possess exceptional organizational and time management skills: manage workload across multiple projects, taking priority into consideration
- Solve problems creatively: think outside of the box and develop innovate solutions to challenging problems
- Consistently display honesty and integrity: exhibit intuitive understanding of the “right thing” and a track record of doing so
How to Apply
Salary is commensurate with experience. Fíonta offers a generous benefits package which includes health, dental, 401k, vacation and holidays. Candidate must be willing and able to travel on occasion.
Fíonta is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.