Who We Are
Fíonta exists to help impact-driven organizations leverage technology as a force for change. We are truly inspired by our clients’ missions and motivated to help them succeed. We work with a broad range of organizations, including groups that are working to bring an end to global slavery and HIV/AIDS, to feed America, to end generational poverty in New York City, and to support and advocate for those struggling with mental illness.
In addition to working with great clients, we’ve developed a culture-by-design that emphasizes our fundamental core values and gives our team members autonomy to make decisions and do the right thing. Our core values are:
- Assume positive intent
- Do what’s right, even when hard
- Meet people and organizations where they are
- Be conscientious
- Always be improving
We like solving hard problems, and we celebrate team successes and share appreciation. Your skills and experience get our attention, but we will hire you based on your attitude, aptitude, and “culture add.” You’ll join a smart, diverse, and fun team that welcomes new people who can help us improve. We support your personal and professional growth and your career trajectory at Fíonta is limited only by you.
Who We’re Looking for
We are looking for a Salesforce Consultant to join our team. Our Salesforce Consultants work on new implementations for our nonprofit and associations clients. This is a collaborative and self-directed role, with a high impact on both Fíonta and our clients. The day-to-day includes meeting with stakeholders to understand their organization’s mission, goals, and current systems, mapping requirements to Salesforce solutions, configuration and third-party app integration, training clients, and supporting roll-out.
Our headquarters is in Washington, DC, but we’re open to remote team members from anywhere in the United States.
As a Salesforce Consultant…
- You have experience in our field: You’ve worked in the nonprofit or associations space or in nonprofit-specific technology for at least 2 years.
- You know Salesforce: You know the basics of Salesforce, and have worked with nonprofit-specific technology solutions.
- You love to learn and have a demonstrated track record in learning new technology: You know what you don’t know, and aren’t afraid to jump in and learn new technologies or tools to meet client needs.
- You meet clients (both internal and external) where they are: You have a diverse skill set of customer service, communication, and analytical problem-solving skills to work with clients in a variety of situations.
In this role, you will:
- Leverage first-hand experience in associations operations to facilitate and guide client discovery sessions
- Formally document client business needs and technical solutions
- Create solutions that leverage the functionality of an enterprise system and reengineers processes based on best practices
- Identify operational, personnel, and other risks to project success and advise clients on mitigation strategies
- Create workflow diagrams and other process documentation as needed
- Configure Salesforce software to meet requirements
- Provide third-party application recommendations and installs and configures apps
- Perform quality assurance activities on implementations
- Coordinate with development staff for custom development and data migrations
- Train clients on their out-of-the-box and custom functionality in Salesforce
- Adeptly provide technical and change management support after project launches
- Take initiative: identify a need or opportunity to benefit the customer or company and take appropriate steps to fill or achieve it
- Orient towards customers: proactively support Fíonta’s clients and would-be clients by considering and advocating for their needs
- Possess exceptional organizational and time management skills: manage workload across multiple projects, taking priority into consideration
- Solve problems creatively: think outside of the box and develop innovative solutions to challenging problems
- Consistently display honesty and integrity: exhibit an intuitive understanding of the “right thing” and a track record of doing so
How to Apply
Salary is commensurate with experience. Fíonta offers a generous benefits package which includes health, dental, 401k, vacation and holidays. Candidate must be willing and able to travel on occasion.
Fíonta is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.