Who We Are
Fíonta exists to help impact-driven organizations leverage technology as a force for change. We are truly inspired by our clients’ missions and motivated to help them succeed. We work with a broad range of organizations, including groups that are working to bring an end to global slavery and HIV/AIDS, to feed America, to end generational poverty in New York City, and to support and advocate for those struggling with mental illness.
In addition to working with great clients, we’ve developed a culture-by-design that emphasizes our fundamental core values and gives our team members autonomy to make decisions and do the right thing. Our core values are:
- Assume positive intent
- Do what’s right, even when hard
- Meet people and organizations where they are
- Be conscientious
- Always be improving
We like solving hard problems, and we celebrate team successes and share appreciation. Your skills and experience get our attention, but we will hire you based on your attitude, aptitude, and “culture add.” You’ll join a smart, diverse, and fun team that welcomes new people who can help us improve. We support your personal and professional growth and your career trajectory at Fíonta is limited only by you.
Who We’re Looking for
We are looking for a Salesforce Developer to join our team of talented, multi-disciplinary engineers. Our Salesforce developers work alongside our consulting team to develop custom solutions for our non-profit clients and develop custom applications using Python and Heroku in situations where the Salesforce platform is not appropriate.
Our headquarters is in Washington, DC, but we’re open to remote team members from anywhere in the United States.
As a Salesforce Developer, you have…
- Experience with statically typed languages, such as Apex, Java, C#.
- The ability to operate independently, with minimal supervision.
- 3+ years of work experience as a software developer.
- Experience developing for a platform such as CRM or CMS.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to juggle multiple tasks and competing priorities at the same time.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Initiative and ownership.
- Experience with the Salesforce platform.
- Experience unit testing, preferably using test doubles.
- Experience with software engineering principles such as dependency injection, SOLID.
- Experience with Salesforce REST API.
- Experience with CCI and SFDX CLIs.
- Experience with Heroku and Python.
In this role, you will:
- Develop custom solutions for the Salesforce platform, including creating/consuming web APIs, LWCs, triggers, scheduled jobs, VF pages.
- Develop custom applications using Python and Heroku for out-of-band processing and other work not appropriate for the Salesforce platform.
- Develop quality unit tests. Perform peer QA.
- Create and estimate implementation plans.
- Mentor and support junior developers.
- Take initiative: identify a need or opportunity to benefit the customer or company and take appropriate steps to fill or achieve it
- Orient towards customers: proactively support Fíonta’s clients and would-be clients by considering and advocating for their needs
- Possess exceptional organizational and time management skills: manage workload across multiple projects, taking priority into consideration
- Solve problems creatively: think outside of the box and develop innovative solutions to challenging problems
- Consistently display honesty and integrity: exhibit an intuitive understanding of the “right thing” and a track record of doing so
How to Apply
Salary is commensurate with experience. Fíonta offers a generous benefits package which includes health, dental, 401k, vacation and holidays. Candidate must be willing and able to travel on occasion.
Fíonta is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.