Fíonta exists to help impact-driven organizations leverage technology as a force for change. We are truly inspired by our clients’ missions and motivated to help them succeed. We work with a broad range of organizations, including groups that are working to bring an end to global slavery and HIV/AIDS, to feed America, to end generational poverty in New York City, and to support and advocate for those struggling with mental illness.
In addition to working with great clients, we’ve developed a culture-by-design that emphasizes our fundamental core values and gives our team members autonomy to make decisions and do the right thing. Our core values are:
- Assume positive intent
- Do what’s right, even when hard
- Meet people and organizations where they are
- Be conscientious
- Always be improving
We like solving hard problems, and we celebrate team successes and share appreciation. Your skills and experience get our attention, but we will hire you based on your attitude, aptitude, and “culture add.” You’ll join a smart, diverse, and fun team that welcomes new people who can help us improve. We support your personal and professional growth and your career trajectory at Fíonta is limited only by you.
Who We’re Looking for
We are seeking a Salesforce Lead Solutions Engineer to join our team. Your responsibilities will focus on these primary areas: 1) the development of overall Salesforce-based technical approaches and architectures, 2) create and validate cost and schedule estimates in support of business development, 3) develop proof of concepts and configuring demonstrations of functionality for prospects, 4) work with project teams to understand project background, approach details, and ensure successful launch, 5) implement project remediation approaches 6) lead technical process improvement initiatives.
In this role, you will:
- Report to the Salesforce Practice Manager and as an agent, work on a range of technical activities, sometimes critical and with short turnaround times.
- Support the Business Development Team by:
- Evaluating requirements and use cases of prospective clients, developing solutions that address the prospects’ needs, engineering implementation approaches, and designing Salesforce architectures, including identification of Cloud(s), data models (NPSP, HEDA, Sales / Service Cloud…), third party Applications, methods of integration and data migration.
- Developing demonstrations through the configuration of Salesforce for prospective clients.
- Representing the team in prospect meetings, contributing to proposals, and responding to questions about estimates and approach.
- Create basis of estimates against high-level client requirements, including documentation of assumptions and caveats, resourcing plans, and schedules.
- Directly support projects by:
- Transitioning knowledge of the use cases, legacy systems, and technical solution to other project team members
- Ongoing technical oversight for select projects
- Investigating quality deficiencies and implementing remediations
- Collaborate with project teams to continually incorporate process improvements and innovations into standard approaches
- Collaborate and contribute to diversity, inclusion, and belonging efforts across the Salesforce team
- Lead internal process improvements and standardize project estimation methodologies, assisting in the development of standardized estimates for common requirements.
This is a unique opportunity to work with a smart, strong, and dynamic team to take our technology consultancy to the next level for greater impact in the nonprofit and association communities.
As the Salesforce Lead Solutions Engineer…
- You have experience in our field: You’ve worked in the Salesforce.org (SFDO) ecosystem and have deep familiarity with the nonprofit market and technology.
- You get work done: You have a demonstrated track record of delivering results.
- You know Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems: You know the basics of Salesforce or other CRM systems, and can speak to the technology in an intelligent and informed manner. You should know more than our prospects about Salesforce.
- You meet clients (both internal and external) where they are: You are able to build rapport and translate technical materials to non-technical stakeholders.
- You work well under pressure and are committed to meeting deadlines: You can hear about a prospect in the morning, review the available information in the afternoon, then prepare and deliver a high-level solution the next day without registering any stress—whatever it takes.
- Take initiative: identify a need or opportunity to benefit the customer or company and take appropriate steps to fill or achieve it
- Orient towards customers: proactively support Fíonta’s clients and would-be clients by considering and advocating for their needs
- Possess exceptional organizational and time management skills: manage workload across multiple projects, taking priority into consideration
- Solve problems creatively: think outside of the box and develop innovative solutions to challenging problems
- Consistently display honesty and integrity: exhibit an intuitive understanding of the “right thing” and a track record of doing so
How to Apply
Salary is commensurate with experience. Fíonta offers a generous benefits package which includes health, dental, 401k, vacation and holidays. Candidate must be willing and able to travel on occasion.
Fíonta is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.