Fíonta exists to help impact-driven organizations leverage technology as a force for change. We are truly inspired by our clients’ missions and motivated to help them succeed. We work with a broad range of organizations, including groups that are working to bring an end to global slavery and HIV/AIDS, to feed America, to end generational poverty in New York City, and to support and advocate for those struggling with mental illness.
In addition to working with great clients, we’ve developed a culture-by-design that emphasizes our fundamental core values and gives our team members autonomy to make decisions and do the right thing. Our core values are:
- Assume positive intent
- Do what’s right, even when hard
- Meet people and organizations where they are
- Be conscientious
- Always be improving
We are looking for great people who love implementing solutions that make a difference in the world. We like solving hard problems, and we celebrate team successes and share appreciation. Your skills and experience get our attention, but we will hire you based on your attitude, aptitude, and “culture add”. You’ll join a smart, diverse, and fun team that welcomes new people who can help us improve. We support your personal and professional growth and your career trajectory at Fíonta is limited only by you.
We are seeking a Senior Drupal Developer to work with our web development team to configure websites in the Drupal content management system and perform a variety of related work, including but not limited to: translating business requirements into Drupal configuration, developing architectural solutions, third-party app selection and configuration, and custom Drupal module development.
As a member of our Web Development team…
- You have worked on a wide variety of projects: You have collaborated with technical and non-technical team members to complete small projects with a straightforward objective, and large projects with a large number of requirements and a less clear end state.
- You have a broad set of tools: You have lots of experience with both Drupal 7 & Drupal 8, including familiarity with core and main community contributed projects. You know your way around most Drupal 8 APIs and are comfortable with object-oriented programming. Comfort and competence with the command line and Git are essential to your day-to-day.
- You are a strong communicator: You can distill complex technical ideas for a diverse set of stakeholders from developers, project managers, executives, and clients of all levels.
- You are adaptable: The idea of working on multiple projects of different sizes within different organizations excites you.
- You are a critical thinker: You don’t need to be told how to get from point A to point B. You are up for the challenge of figuring out how the pieces of a given project fit together.
In this role, you will:
- Configure required functionality for assigned nonprofit clients, relying primarily on off-the-shelf components.
- Communicate various technology options to clients and moderate your approach based on your internal or external audience.
- Identify and escalate issues to the rest of the team and the project manager when needed.
- Conduct self-guided QA testing on all work, and contribute to peer QA testing and reviews.
Fionta Employees and Contractors:
- Take initiative – ability to identify a need or opportunity to benefit the customer or company and take appropriate steps to fill or achieve it
- Orient towards customers – proactively supports Fionta’s clients and would-be clients by considering and advocating for their needs
- Have exceptional organizational and time management skills – ability to manage workload across multiple projects, taking priority into consideration
- Solve problems creatively – ability to think outside of the box and develop innovative solutions to challenging problems
- Consistently display honesty and integrity – intuitive understanding of the “right thing” and track record of doing it
How to Apply
Salary is commensurate with experience. Fíonta offers a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, 401k, vacation, and holidays. Candidate must be willing and able to travel on occasion.
Fíonta is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.