Fíonta exists to help impact-driven organizations leverage technology as a force for change. We are truly inspired by our clients’ missions and motivated to help them succeed. We work with a broad range of organizations, including groups that are working to bring an end to global slavery and HIV/AIDS, to feed America, to end generational poverty in New York City, and to support and advocate for those struggling with mental illness.
In addition to working with great clients, we’ve developed a culture-by-design that emphasizes our fundamental core values and gives our team members autonomy to make decisions and do the right thing. Our core values are:
- Assume positive intent
- Do what’s right, even when hard
- Meet people and organizations where they are
- Be conscientious
- Always be improving
We like solving hard problems, and we celebrate team successes and share appreciation. Your skills and experience get our attention, but we will hire you based on your attitude, aptitude, and “culture add.” You’ll join a smart, diverse, and fun team that welcomes new people who can help us improve. We support your personal and professional growth and your career trajectory at Fíonta is limited only by you.
As a Technical Architect, you will be responsible for owning the architecture and design of complex solution components such as integration, data migration, implementation, security, and custom development. The candidate must have strong leadership and mentorship skills to ensure successful technical oversight of multiple resources at varying levels as well as the technical soundness and integrity of the delivered product.
The candidate will own reviewing business requirements and verifying the overall technical design. They will also be responsible for ensuring the system accurately meets the agreed-upon business requirements, ensures proper testing is implemented as well as performance and security are closely monitored within the team. The candidate will also need to have experience in the provided level of effort estimates for solutions.
As a Technical Architect…
- You have worked on a wide variety of projects: You have collaborated with technical and non-technical team members to complete a range of project types from small projects with a straightforward objective, to large projects with many business requirements. You have led end to end Salesforce implementations that include requirements gathering both system and security, providing solution options, communication of options to clients, technical documentation, technical oversight, system testing, release management and deployment. You can identify gaps between current and future state and deliver properly positioned solutions.
- You have a broad set of tools: You feel comfortable determining the appropriate application of configuration vs. custom development, have a strong understanding of the technical applications available inside and outside of the Salesforce ecosystem, and you know how to evaluate and advocate for the right tool for the job. Ideally, you would have experience in or knowledge of development technologies, web-based technologies and integration technologies.
- You are a strong communicator: You can distill complex technical ideas for a diverse set of stakeholders from developers, project managers, executives, and clients of all technical levels of sophistication.
- You are adaptable: The idea of working on several diverse types of projects of different sizes within different organizations excites you.
- You are a delegator: You like to stay involved enough in projects that you know what is happening, but when you see an opportunity to hand off work to someone else, you take it.
- You are a critical thinker: You don’t need to be told how to get from point A to point B. You are up for the challenge of figuring out how the pieces of a given project fit together.
- Support Solutions Architect in client discovery sessions and participate where appropriate to understand current business processes. Own requirements and work with Solutions Architect to secure client approval of the same. Plan or approve solutions to meet each requirement, finalize documentation, and secure approval from the client on detailed solutions.
- Collaborate with Database Developer (DD) to ensure system architecture meets the needs of the incoming data structure and details. Support DD in building the plan for data migration utilizing knowledge of the client’s business requirements and planned system architecture.
- Design and document system architecture based on client requirements. Ensure technical integrity and consistency of the solution at every stage of its lifecycle. Provide a breakdown of system components, interactions, and technologies.
- Act as the most technical point of contact with the client and ensure the vision for architecture is properly relayed to the client. Ensure the right resources are participating throughout the project at the right moments (including database developer, developer, or UX Consultant). Work with the PM and the SA to design the discovery and implementation plans. Collaborate with the PM and SA to create estimates. Reprioritize tasks and rebuilds project plan as the project evolves.
- Partner with the SA to ensure organizational changes are being reflected in system architecture.
- Communicate progress of technical tasks to the PM and keep the client up to date with technical progress. Work directly with the client to clarify requirements and validate solutions.
- Design and execute a plan that ensures profiles, roles, and overall system security work within the planned architecture.
- Handoff technical solutions to Solution Architect and ensure the planned architecture is being adhered to throughout the project, planning updates to overall architecture as the project evolves. When acting as quality assurance on a project where a SA leads requirements, the TA reviews and approves all requirements and solutions.
Our most successful employees:
- Take initiative – ability to identify a need or opportunity to benefit the customer or company and take appropriate steps to fill or achieve it
- Orient towards customer service – proactively supports Fionta’s clients and would-be clients by considering and advocating for their needs
- Have awesome organizational and time management skills – ability to manage workload across multiple projects, taking priority into consideration
- Get creative when solving problems – ability to think outside of the box and develop innovate solutions to challenging problems
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity – intuitive understanding of the “right thing” and track record of doing it
How to Apply
Salary is commensurate with experience. Fíonta offers a generous benefits package which includes health, dental, 401k, vacation and holidays. Candidate must be willing and able to travel on occasion.
Fíonta is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.