Fíonta exists to help impact-driven organizations leverage technology as a force for change. We are truly inspired by our clients’ missions and motivated to help them succeed. We work with a broad range of organizations, including groups that are working to bring an end to global slavery and HIV/AIDS, to feed America, to end generational poverty in New York City, and to support and advocate for those struggling with mental illness.
In addition to working with great clients, we’ve developed a culture-by-design that emphasizes our fundamental core values and gives our team members autonomy to make decisions and do the right thing. Our core values are:
- Assume positive intent
- Do what’s right, even when hard
- Meet people and organizations where they are
- Be conscientious
- Always be improving
We like solving hard problems, and we celebrate team successes and share appreciation. Your skills and experience get our attention, but we will hire you based on your attitude, aptitude, and “culture add.” You’ll join a smart, diverse, and fun team that welcomes new people who can help us improve. We support your personal and professional growth and your career trajectory at Fíonta is limited only by you.
Who We’re Looking for
We are seeking a Vice President of Business Development to assist in the acceleration of the growth of our Salesforce and web services business. You will join forces with our business development and executive teams to cultivate and grow relationships within the nonprofit, foundation and association sectors, while strategizing Salesforce-based solutions and plans, as well as qualifying opportunities for websites and open source solutions. You will be responsible for the overall strategy and execution of Fionta’s business development initiatives, including executive reporting against Key Process Indicators, plans and tactics. You will be the primary relationship manager with Salesforce, developing strong partnerships with scores of Salesforce staff. Your daily activities will include:
- Business Development
- Talking to prospects about Fionta and potential opportunities;
- Attending partner networking events and conferences;
- Supporting and attending Fionta’s own business generating events;
- Qualifying opportunities through prospect calls and meetings;
- Ensuring successful hand-off of new projects to the execution staff;
- Maintaining helping communication with prospects and moving them toward contract closure;
- Proposal/Estimate Work
- Scoping services to meet prospect requirements;
- Coordinating the development of and writing proposals, providing substantive input on the key win themes, proposed architecture and competitive pricing;
- Leading finalist presentations and solution demonstrations;
- Salesforce Relationship Management
- Responsible for cultivating and maintaining relationships among key business partners (specifically Salesforce.org and Salesforce.com) while also developing strategies to increase revenue for Fionta;
- Manage relationships with primary partnership POCs and influencers (Alliances, Sales Leaders, key AEs, Strategic Services) to build the brand and the business;
- Identify opportunities for new SFDO/SFDC unit or AE partnerships;
- Attend key SFDO partner events (SKO, Partner Summit);
- Understand and be prepared to assist with Fionta’s compliance with or enforcement of partnership contracts and agreements;
- Develop and execute plans for strategic growth through partnership channels;
- Develop the Salesforce.org Partnership Go-To-Market (GTM) strategy with Executive Team and present to Salesforce.org Alliances and Sales Teams;
- Coordinate monthly SFDO Sales reports and Sales Leadership meeting with the BD and executive teams;
- Annual Partner Program feedback coordination and submission;
- Analyze and report on partner initiatives, forecast for strategic changes and report on key metrics, to include regular AVC reporting and reconciliation of those reports with SFDO.
This is a unique opportunity to work with a smart, strong and dynamic team to take our technology consultancy to the next level for greater impact in the nonprofit and association communities.
As the Salesforce Practice Leader…
- You have experience in our field: You’ve worked in nonprofit or associations-specific technology and/or nonprofit or associations business development for at least 5 years. The ideal candidate will have worked for Salesforce on the nonprofit side, or for a company that implements Salesforce on the nonprofit side. We are looking for people with significant experience in providing technology services to nonprofits.
- You get work done: You have a demonstrated track record of delivering results and growing a business or organization.
- You know Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems: You know the basics of Salesforce or other CRM systems, and can speak to the technology in an intelligent and informed manner. You should know more than our prospects about Salesforce.
- You can hold your own in a negotiation: You have strong written and verbal communication skills, and can negotiate with the best of them. You present yourself as a senior executive, demonstrating clear expertise and leadership.
- You meet clients (both internal and external) where they are: You are able to build rapport and translate technical materials to non-technical stakeholders.
In this role, you will…
- Contribute to proposals in terms of overall strategy, technical approach, win themes and content;
- Analyze customer technical and business requirements and recommend Salesforce architectural solutions based on best practices and a high level understanding of the software;
- Through initial scoping calls, gain sufficient information to understand the scope and complexity of the requested work required to create proposals and provide rough estimates in advance of detailed estimate creation;
- Respond immediately and intelligently to inquiries about Fionta’s services;
- Prepare materials for finalist and other introductory meetings or presentations;
- Attend in-person and virtual meeting to explore requirements or present proposals;
- Contribute to the continuing optimization of our internal Salesforce-based lead tracking, opportunity management, revenue measures and other quantitative business development metrics;
- With the leadership team, contribute to the development of a growth strategy focused on revenue, profitability, and customer satisfaction;
- Manage and report to Fionta executives on the new business pipeline and added revenue forecast;
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers;
- On occasional, review implementations plans for consistency with initial proposals; assist with messaging with clients, and act as an executive sponsor for certain projects, supporting the successful delivery;
- Maintain excellent working relationships with Salesforce and Fonteva Account Executives, including deal strategy coordination and regular updates on all leads and opportunities derived through those partnerships.
- Take initiative: identify a need or opportunity to benefit the customer or company and take appropriate steps to fill or achieve it
- Orient towards customers: proactively support Fíonta’s clients and would-be clients by considering and advocating for their needs
- Possess exceptional organizational and time management skills: manage workload across multiple projects, taking priority into consideration
- Solve problems creatively: think outside of the box and develop innovate solutions to challenging problems
- Consistently display honesty and integrity: exhibit intuitive understanding of the “right thing” and a track record of doing so
How to Apply
Salary is commensurate with experience. Fíonta offers a generous benefits package which includes health, dental, 401k, vacation and holidays. Candidate must be willing and able to travel on occasion.
Fíonta is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.