Who We Are
Fíonta exists to help impact-driven organizations leverage technology as a force for change. We are truly inspired by our clients’ missions and motivated to help them succeed. We work with a broad range of organizations, including groups that are working to bring an end to global slavery and HIV/AIDS, to feed America, to end generational poverty in New York City, and to support and advocate for those struggling with mental illness.
In addition to working with great clients, we’ve developed a culture-by-design that emphasizes our fundamental core values and gives our team members autonomy to make decisions and do the right thing. Our core values are:
- Assume positive intent
- Do what’s right, even when hard
- Meet people and organizations where they are
- Be conscientious
- Always be improving
We are looking for great people who love implementing solutions that make a difference in the world. We like solving hard problems, and we celebrate team successes and share appreciation. Your skills and experience get our attention, but we will hire you based on your attitude, aptitude, and “culture add”. You’ll join a smart, diverse, and fun team that welcomes new people who can help us improve. We support your personal and professional growth and your career trajectory at Fíonta is limited only by you.
Who We’re Looking for
We are seeking a full-time Consultant to manage our Web Service Desk and perform essential maintenance operations. This person will own the customer service relationships with over 50 clients, and be the primary manager of maintenance operations for over 25 CMS-based websites (Drupal, WordPress, Joomla!). This is a collaborative and self-directed role, with high-impact to both Fíonta and our clients. The successful candidate will have experience with some of the job functions, and a willingness and demonstrated ability to quickly learn the rest.
Our headquarters is located in Washington, DC, but we will consider candidates across the United States.
As a consultant in our digital services team…
- You have a working knowledge of the open source content management ecosystem: You have experience working on web projects in a variety of different environments, and know enough to ask intelligent questions and figure out problems you haven’t encountered before.
- You can communicate with a technical audience: You can define and communicate the functional scope for technical work and facilitate the development of estimates for additional tasks as they arise.
- You know what good looks like: You share best practices and skills with colleagues in order to grow team effectiveness.
- You can juggle a number of priorities: You manage a workload across a variety of projects and accounts, getting advisement on priority as needed.
- You meet clients where they are: You maintain high customer satisfaction through the delivery of high-quality, timely, and thorough solutions to customer problems.
In this role, your job will include:
- CMS platform configuration, including:
- Manage all aspects of monthly and quarterly maintenance for 25+ web clients including conducting all minor version updates to core CMS and plugins/modules, following established best practices., as well as performing minor updates to host OS when necessary.
- Manage calendar and client communications for scheduling and reporting CMS maintenance.
- Manage all aspects of the Fionta service desk for web clients from initial intake through resolution. This includes customer service with clients, hours management of process, troubleshoot and triage of issue, escalation to developers as necessary, and closeout of issue.
- Continually expand CMS troubleshooting and resolution skills, to better act is front line support.
- Act as primary point of contact for all service desk clients, conducting intake of issues and requests, communicating with client throughout the life of the ticket including discussion of estimates, and sharing conclusion details with client POC.
- Act as main point of contact between developer and client. This includes conducting proper resourcing of tickets, relaying details of issue to developers as necessary, gathering additional relevant details from client, obtaining estimates from developer,and working with developer to properly understand resolution so as to translate conclusion back to client.
- Conducing account management with clients above and beyond requests from clients with the intention of making recommendations for enhancements that would benefit the client’s site.
- Communicate and coordinate with a geographically diverse team.
- Coordinate with PM team to properly resource service desk work.
- Server Management
- Migrate client websites to new servers or platforms, including migration plan, SSL certificate provisioning, DNS updates. Escalate issues to developers as necessary.
- Identify and recommend hosting options based on established criteria. Work with PMs and clients to understand client needs and priorities.
- Set up code deployments on client environments, following established process.
- Perform server maintenance as necessary.
- Problem Solving
- Troubleshoot issues logically and efficiently
- Research and understand potential solutions
- Project and Task Execution
- Understand task scope
- Deliver quality work – always
- Develop documentation on customizations within the platform
- Read a room and modify message based on behavioral queues to achieve desired learning
- Draft & deliver an appropriate agenda
- Take initiative: identify a need or opportunity to benefit the customer or company and take appropriate steps to fill or achieve it
- Orient towards customers: proactively support Fíonta’s clients and would-be clients by considering and advocating for their needs
- Possess exceptional organizational and time management skills: manage workload across multiple projects, taking priority into consideration
- Solve problems creatively: think outside of the box and develop innovate solutions to challenging problems
- Consistently display honesty and integrity: exhibit intuitive understanding of the “right thing” and a track record of doing so
How to Apply
Salary is commensurate with experience. Fíonta offers a generous benefits package which includes health, dental, 401k, vacation and holidays. Candidate must be willing and able to travel on occasion.
Fíonta is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.