We are looking for a Salesforce Database Developer to join our Salesforce practice. The Salesforce Database Developer analyzes legacy data in a variety of nonprofit database systems, maps the data to Salesforce data objects, scripts and/or uses a variety of third party tools to support the import of that data, and conducts cleanup and related tasks to support Salesforce implementations. This is a unique opportunity to join a thriving and growing nonprofit technology firm and work with a highly talented group of Salesforce professionals.
- On assigned projects, is responsible for the migration of data from client’s legacy system(s) into Salesforce
- Maps database backups and Excel spreadsheets of data to Salesforce data objects
- Appropriately identifies when custom Salesforce data elements are necessary and leverages out-of-the-box elements whenever possible
- Conducts data review sessions with the client
- Writes, executes, and revises SQL scripts with efficiency
- Has working knowledge of data migration best practices and suggests continual improvements to corporate data import practices
- Performs data cleanup activities and appropriately identifies opportunities for client or junior staff to perform data cleanup
- Gathers system requirements, conducts analysis, and coordinates the design of data mapping activities
- Facilitates interviews with nonprofit staff to elicit information on data elements, adding value by suggesting modifications to business processes and other ways of interacting with the data
- Supports Practice Manager in business development activities
- Previous work experience in database design and implementation – MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres or other
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience writing SQL scripts or close equivalent
- Strong communication skills
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Math, Computer Science, Engineering, Business or closely related field
- Salesforce certification(s) and overall understanding of capabilities of product
- Experience with nonprofit organizations
The Successful Candidate
- Ideally resides in the Washington, DC area or is willing to relocate, and works out of our D.C. office. However, we will consider qualified remote candidates.
- Demonstrates initiative and ownership
- Is a self-starter and works equally well independently or in collaboration with others
- Is able to juggle multiple tasks and competing priorities at the same time
- Has a proven ability to accomplish tasks efficiently and works well on tight schedules
- Has excellent organizational and time management skills
- Possesses leadership skills to creatively solve problems by leveraging existing processes as a guide – not as an absolute – when meeting client needs
Salary is commensurate with experience. Fionta offers a generous benefits package which includes health, dental, 401k, vacation and holidays. Candidate must be willing and able to travel on occasion.
How to Apply
Fíonta is a dynamic, fast growing Salesforce.org Premium Partner that works almost exclusively for nonprofit organizations – including NGOs, charities, associations, foundations, and many other kinds of nonprofits. Headquartered in Washington, DC with a field office in Los Angeles, we have really wonderful clients. Our staff are engaged and highly talented at leveraging their skills in support of a diverse range of missions and causes from homelessness, animal welfare, literacy, poverty, hunger, advocacy, the environment and many other issues.
Want to learn more about who we are? Check out 5 Fast Facts about Fíonta !
Fíonta is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.