Prepare for the Unexpected: A Contingency Plan for Nonprofits
Here we are in the dog days of summer…2020 sure looks different than anyone could have anticipated. Preparing for the unexpected can be a challenge but it’s critically important. We’ve pulled this blog from last July – written when COVID-19 and the term social distancing were not a part of our lexicon – and find ourselves again thinking about how our clients can best prepare for the unknown. Rather than giving into fear, take action now and get ahead of future issues, from small hiccups to large-scale disasters. Read more.
Welcoming New Clients
- The Community Partnership for the Prevention of Homelessness: Fíonta will implement and configure Conga Contract for document processing.
- Earthworks, California Budget and Policy Center, NETWORK Advocates: We will provide ongoing Salesforce support and consulting for these organizations.
- Enterprise Community Partners: Fíonta will develop a new Drupal 9 website for Enterprise’s Democratizing Resilience and Disaster Recovery Initiative
- League of American Orchestras: Fíonta will perform a Fonteva upgrade for the League.
- Mental Health America: Fíonta will migrate MHA from Luminate to Salesforce and integrate Salsa Engage along with a number of third-party apps.
Not All Heroes Wear Capes
As Salesforce.org partners, we work closely with its Partner Alliances team. It has been a pleasure to get to know Alexanda Laxmi Iyer, a senior marketing manager on the team. In her role at Salesforce, she plans and manages myriad worldwide events each year (with grace and ease, we might add!) At the onset of COVID-19, Alexandra taught herself to sew and became a mask superhero! As of this week, she has made and distributed 2,124 masks to front-line responders, essential employees, and BLM protestors.
Fíonta’s Karin Tracy (herself an avid crafter) sat down with Alexandra for a short video interview in which Alexandra talked about learning how to sew, sourcing fabric and elastic during a pandemic, how she has distributed the masks, and some of the wonderful feedback she’s received. Additionally, she provided an open Google Doc with sewing resources and a link to request a mask for yourself or others.
Grab your comfiest chair and join us at these virtual events!
- ASAE Annual Virtual Booth
(August 10-12, 8am – 5:30pm ET): Visit Fíonta at our virtual booth in the ASAE Annual Expo Hall. We’ll be right there, ready to chat by video or text, and eager to share resources for associations. The conference is free for ASAE members and only $99 for non-members! Register today!
- The Future of Technology for Associations
ASAE Annual (August 12, 11 – 11:45am PT / 2 – 2:45pm ET):
Learn technology innovation of applicability to associations and gain a perspective on what kinds of technological innovations of specific interest may be arriving and their direct relevance to associations. Drawing from Peter Diamandis’ “Abundance is our Future”, let Lisa Rau spark your imagination on how associations’ operations might be dramatically altered by advances in technology. Register for ASAE
- Technology for Fundraising: Options and Implications
Maryland Nonprofits and MARFY Virtual Annual Conference (October 14-15)
Registration is open