All about connections…communicating with donors, enabling veterans, and upcoming events
Connecting Engineers and Scientists with Fellowships
Fíonta provided architectural guidance and implemented Salesforce improvements for the American Association for the Advancement of Science’s Science & Technology Policy Fellowships (AAAS STPF) program, which places outstanding engineers and scientists in agencies throughout the federal government for year-long policy fellowships. Upgrades were performed on an accelerated basis, and included conversion to the Lightning Experience, integration of fellows’ Individual Development Plan (IDP) data, and process improvement documentation for the automation of several critical processes, as well as Drupal and Pantheon support.
6 Ways to Maximize Success During Giving Season
Let’s face it, Giving Season is noisy. There are a lot of competing organizations and other financial stresses around the holiday season. The good news is that, with some data cleanup, thoughtful data analysis, and a set of UX eyes, you can take great strides towards making this the most successful Giving Season yet. Select a few of these strategies to implement in the coming weeks, and work on the remainder early next year.
- Clean up the data in Salesforce. Start working on new data entry policies and procedures so everyone who enters or edits data is following the same rules. First, establish the rules you absolutely want people to follow in the next few months. Then, early next year, put aside time to finish this data user’s guide.
- Review the Donor Experience. Explore your website from the perspective of both a new and returning visitor. Test every donation page and form so you can experience every possible interaction, such as the credit card transaction, confirmation page, email confirmation, and thank you email. Intentionally make mistakes so you can review error messages.
- Fíonta is exhibiting at ASAE Tech? in National Harbor, MD next Tuesday and Wednesday, December 4-5, as well as demoing Salesforce at 3pm on Tuesday. Check out the schedule of sessions? and come see us at Booth 138 during Expo hours.
- CEO Mark Patterson will be at Salesforce World Tour New York on December 13. World Tours are a jam-packed day of sessions? and keynotes following Dreamforce. Registration? is still open and the event is free!
- Looking into 2019, we will be presenting and exhibiting at NTEN in Portland, Oregon in March. We are thrilled to co-present with our client, Enterprise Community Partners, as we discuss “Keep It Sustainable: Care, Feeding, and Grooming of a Large Website.” Early bird registration? ends next week; register before the prices increase!
In Other News
- VP of Business Development, Lisa Wallace, wrote about her experience as a young woman in the Navy and how it shaped her career and informed her experience with the Vetforce program at Salesforce.
- Fíonta is now a Pantheon Premium Partner and able to offer exclusive access to preferred pricing for website hosting. Contact us to learn more about Pantheon’s services or to discuss migrating your organization to Pantheon.