This tiny picture proves that Karin Tracy attended the North Carolina Tech4Good conference in Chapel Hill and spoke about implementing responsive design. The session information follows below:
Responsive Design: What is it? How do we do it? How much will it cost?
While responsive design may sound like a buzzword, it has real implications for your nonprofit’s website.
This session will cover:
- responsive design principles
- provide several illustrations of responsive design done well (from small to large nonprofit sites and a few commercial examples)
- explain the process of planning for, and implementing responsive design
- discuss ways to retrofit an existing site to responsive
- the respective level of effort for responsive projects
Additionally, we will share several tools that we have found helpful in the planning, design and implementation phases.
Confluence focuses on website design and development using open source content management systems for nonprofits and organizations. We have implemented several responsive sites for our clients over the past 18 months and have invested heavily in training our staff in this important discipline.