Real-time views of user engagement and interactions
The National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS) maintains rigorous standards for accomplished teachers, provides a national voluntary certification system for these educators, and advocates for related education reform.
NBPTS had already implemented the Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP), but an expensive and rigid online community management tool was holding the organization back. User experience was poor for members, and the adoption rate was low –meaning that NBPTS was unable to capture valuable intelligence about member engagement, needs, and interests.
Fíonta extended NBPTS’ Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) instance with a highly customized and appropriately branded online community built on Experience Cloud. NBPTS staff now have real-time views of user engagement and interactions and can better serve their members’ needs, thanks to these insights. Further, NBPTS staff are now able to create additional virtual spaces for members and subsets of members with ease. In fact, NBPTS has developed two additional Community sites without needing assistance from Fíonta, building internal capacity.
Expensive community platform was underutilized
- Community management relied on a costly tool that offered limited design customization.
- Members reported poor general user experience and specific issues logging into the legacy community and accessing the data they needed, so member adoption was low.
- NBPTS needed to easily gather more detailed information about applicants and candidates within each geographic area.
Solutions and Results
Robust member engagement on an easily-extended platform
- NBPTS decided to continue to invest in the Salesforce ecosystem, expanding its existing core NPSP instance with Experience and Marketing Clouds to better meet member needs and gain intelligence.
- The new communities are styled and designed to better match NBPTS’s own branding and website, giving members confidence that they can trust the online experience.
- Complex shared rules now allow appropriate data access and views depending on user role, and additional enhancements including Demand Tools, Cvent, Clicktools, and Einstein Analytics streamline processes and offer additional, valuable information on member engagement.
- The NBPTS team is now confident in building their own additional online communities as the need arises.