Implement an intuitive, scalable solution to support fundraising and development efforts
Bread for the City (BFC) has worked for over 40 years to provide essential goods and services – from food, clothing, and diapers to legal advocacy and medical care – to low-income residents of Washington, DC. The organization’s two centers serve approximately 31,000 DC residents annually in an atmosphere of dignity and respect. After wrestling with an inadequate legacy solution, BFC needed to move to a system that was easier for staff to use, integrated better with its accounting tool, and offered more robust marketing automation capabilities to fuel donor engagement. Salesforce was already in use elsewhere in the organization, so BFC decided to harness its powerful functionality for fundraising as well.
Legacy tools that no longer met BFC’s needs, unreliable data
- BFC’s development and fundraising staff could not rely upon the data held in its legacy Raiser’s Edge solution.
- Lack of integration between Raiser’s Edge and BFC’s accounting solution meant monthly reconciliations were labor-intensive.
- The MailChimp email management solution in use was not meeting BFC’s needs in terms of engagement and ROI.
- The BFC team needed tools and training to keep data clean moving forward.
Solutions and Results
Seamless integration on the Salesforce platform, confidence in data
- BFC leveraged its existing investment in Salesforce and now has a reliable central system of truth for fundraising and development data.
- A clean set of legacy data was migrated from Raiser’s Edge to Salesforce NPSP.
- After completing customized training, the BFC development team is able to run reports as needed and is taking more ownership of its data than ever before.
- BFC has more marketing automation power in Marketing Cloud Account Engagement (Pardot) and a flexible, easy-to-use solution for online giving with Elevate.