Efficiently migrate organization from LCRM to NPSP and plan for success
Mental Health America (MHA) was created in 1909 to address the needs of those living with mental illness and promote mental health as a critical part of overall wellness. Since then, MHA has become the nation’s leading community-based nonprofit promoting mental health. MHA’s programs fall into three main areas – policy and advocacy; education and outreach; and information and referral services – each of which program areas encompass a variety of initiatives offering tools and resources for supporting mental wellness.
MHA was using highly customized versions of the Luminate Customer Relationship Management (LCRM) and Luminate Online (LO) systems which had aged poorly, no longer served MHA’s complex needs cost-effectively, and would become obsolete in June 2022. Fíonta worked with MHA staff to demonstrate how Salesforce NPSP could meet their needs and to build an appropriate training plan for adoption success across phases.
Previous adoption issues threatened future success
- User adoption of LCRM had been historically poor.
- Business processes needed to be reviewed and streamlined as part of the migration to a new CRM to ensure that the new solution was fully leveraged.
- Data needed review, cleaning, and deduplification prior to migration.
Solutions and Results
NPSP and third-party Apps give MHA the tools it needs to manage stakeholders
- After conducting a thorough discovery process, we configured Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) for MHA’s specific needs in the areas of contact management, affiliate management, donor management, and external communications (among other areas of need), mapping functionality to updated business processes developed collaboratively with MHA where necessary.
- Staff now have a 360-degree view of each stakeholders.
- We integrated several key third-party systems, including Classy, Eventbrite, Salsa Engage, Shopify, and solutions for batch gift processing and document generation.
- Data was efficiently deduplified and transformed prior to migration from LCRM to Salesforce.
- An emphasis on data hygiene both in training and within the NPSP instance itself helps keep data clean and avoids duplication.