Reduce touchpoints and increase renewal rates
Mobile Beacon provides high-speed, low-cost, mobile internet access to the nonprofits, schools, libraries, and healthcare organizations that provide vital services to millions of Americans every day. Through this broadband service, organizations have an essential tool to fulfill their missions, maximize their philanthropic impact, and offer more and better services to the communities they serve.
The previous online order system made it difficult for customers to finalize their purchases, which in turn led to a long lead time to close orders, the strain on Mobile Beacon’s customer service team, and frustration for customers. The renewal process was highly manual and reporting and analysis were difficult due to the delay in updating the legacy system of record.
Fíonta worked with Mobile Beacon to improve the user and admin experience of the initial order form and wholly developed the renewals form and automated functionality within SalesforceSales Cloud. As a result, Mobile Beacon is able to process orders and renewals of mobile hotspots without the need for any manual activity by staff. Orders and renewals are managed through online forms and Salesforce workflows, and sales data is updated in real-time. Finally, renewal reminders powered by Pardotare triggered based on a set of rules which has positively impacted renewal rates and freed up staff to focus on other mission-centric tasks.
Difficult purchase and renewal processes for both customers and staff
- Online purchase forms and subsequent workflow were buggy and presented a poor user experience, resulting in a long lead time to close incomplete orders and a persistent strain on Customer Service staff to gather additional information needed to process the order.
- Little insight into how or why users abandoned the online cart.
- Renewing service plans was a manual, time-consuming process, which resulted in monthly billing falling behind.
- A national nonprofit partner that works in large volumes with Mobile Beacon needed real-time data exchange to maintain up-to-date information; the manual processes could not keep up with the pace that data changed resulting in reconciliation and customer service challenges.
Solutions and Results
Powerful relationship management, automated workflows, and online forms
- Sales Cloud was customized to accommodate specific workflows for purchasing hardware and service plans.
- Brand new, fully automated renewal process and front-end form were developed.
- Subscription data from external cellular companies are added daily and assigned to relevant records.
- PCs for People (a sales partner)can report sales activity via a custom API.