Mobile Beacon provides schools, libraries, and community organizations with free mobile hotspots and discounted cellular service. Orders and renewals are managed through online forms and Salesforce workflows.
Fíonta has worked with Mobile Beacon to improve the user and admin experience of the initial order form and wholly developed the renewals form and automated functionality within Salesforce.
- Online purchase form and subsequent workflow were buggy and presented a poor user experience, resulting in a long lead time to close incomplete orders and a persistent strain on Customer Service staff to gather additional information needed to process the order
- Little insight into how or why users abandoned the online cart
- Renewing service plans was a manual, time-consuming process, which resulted in monthly billing falling behind
- A national nonprofit partner that works in large volumes with Mobile Beacon needed real-time data exchange to maintain up-to-date information; the manual processes could not keep up with the pace that data changed resulting in reconciliation and customer service challenges
- Sales Cloud was customized to accommodate specific workflows for purchasing hardware and service plans
- Brand new, fully automated renewal process and front-end form were developed
- Subscription data from external cellular companies is added daily and assigned to relevant records
- PCs for People (a sales partner) report sales activity via a custom API
Mobile Beacon, supported by Sales Cloud and Pardot, is now able to process orders and renewals of mobile hotspots without the need for any manual activity by staff. Renewal reminders are triggered based on a set of rules which has positively impacted renewal rates and freed up staff to focus on other mission-centric tasks.