Implement an intuitive, scalable solution to support fundraising and development efforts
Since 1972, PFLAG National (PFLAG) has been advocating for people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ+), their families, friends, and allies. PFLAG has grown to include over 400 chapters and 200,000 members in the United States over the decades since its founding.
A non-responsive website with an outdated visual design and lack of a central database hindered PFLAG on multiple fronts. Fundraising data was siloed from the website so PFLAG lacked key insights into its members, donors, and other stakeholders, and there was no mechanism for the LGBTQ+ community to come together virtually.
Fíonta implemented both Salesforce NPSP and a new, responsive Drupal website for PFLAG. The PFLAG team is now able to utilize the website to support its many initiatives, communities, and audiences, without feeling hampered by outdated technology and poor user experience. The interactive “Find a Chapter” tool, which relies on a robust integration between NPSP and Drupal, has been used extensively since it launched. Salesforce Experience Cloud was also implemented to allow the organization to manage member, donor and chapter data online, with different levels of access for staff, regional directors and chapter leaders.
Outdated technology led to gaps in functionality
- PFLAG’s previous website had a visually outdated design, lacked key functionality, and was not responsive / mobile-friendly, which negatively affected both user experience and Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- There was no easy way for the various communities and chapters PFLAG serves to share and come together online.
- PFLAG’s Raiser’s Edge fundraising database was not integrated with the website, leading to siloed data and a lack of intelligence about stakeholder engagement.
Solutions and Results
Salesforce platform + Drupal technology = better user (and staff!) experience
- A visually appealing and responsive website built on the Drupal Content Management System (CMS) better serves all of PFLAG’s audiences, while multiple content types and dynamic feeds make it easier for PFLAG staff to manage internally.
- Integration with Salesforce powers online donations and the critical “Find a Chapter” functionality and offers PFLAG staff better insight into ROI on fundraising efforts and user engagement.
- Communities built on Experience Cloud empower member and chapter self-service, with appropriate visibility for PFLAG staff and other key users.