Supporting post 9/11 recalibrated veterans and their families through long-term programs
The Travis Mills Foundation (TMF or the Foundation) supports post 9/11 recalibrated veterans and their families through long-term programs that help these heroic men and women overcome physical obstacles, strengthen their families, and provide well-deserved rest and relaxation. Veterans who have been injured in active duty or as a result of their service to our nation receive an all-inclusive, all-expenses paid, barrier-free vacation for themselves and their families where they can participate in adaptive activities, bond with other veteran families, and enjoy Maine’s outdoors.
The Foundation used a variety of technologies to manage donors, veterans, and volunteers – but to grow capacity and better serve its core constituency, TMF needed to consolidate siloed systems and designate a central system of record.
Myriad tools causing inefficiencies
- The Foundation used multiple systems — including DonorPerfect, Classy, QuickBooks, Excel spreadsheets, Google Documents, MailChimp, Volgistics, and iWave — which were not fully integrated.
- TMF needed a scalable, cost-effective solution to increase efficiency and automate certain processes for its relatively lean staff.
Solutions and Results
Dynamic and vibrant site that serves up vital information
- Fíonta implemented the Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) and Volunteers for Salesforce (V4S) as the basis of an expandable and affordable solution for the Foundation.
- Donor and fundraising data was successfully migrated from DonorPerfect to NPSP, and volunteer information from Volgistics to V4S, ensuring that TMF maintained its clean and complete data set for each stakeholder.
- We integrated selected third-party Apps including Classy, Conga, Quickbooks, and FormAssembly with the new Salesforce instance for TMF, extending the organization’s capacity for donor management, program management, event management, and volunteer management while also creating a suitable foundation for growth.
- Foundation staff now enjoy a 360-degree view of every stakeholder realized by implementing Salesforce NPSP as the Foundation’s central source of truth.